2017 CAT Argentina Thematic Intersex NGO Report
NGO Report to the 6th and 7th Periodic Report of Argentina on
the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment
or Punishment (CAT)
StopIGM.org / Zwischengeschlecht.org
CAT Timeline Argentina 2017:
• 20 March 2017: Thematic NGO Report by Justicia Intersex / StopIGM.org for the 60th CAT session (see above). This report only contains information specific to Argentina and complements the thematic NGO report for France submitted for the 56th session containing more general information on Intersex, IGM Practices and why they are in breach of the Convention against Torture.
• Tue 25 March 2017, 17–18h CET: NGO Briefing (closed).
• Wed 26 March 2017, 10–13h CET + Thur 27 March 2017, 15–18h CET:
Review of Argentina during the 60th CAT Session
– to be transmitted live on webtv.un.org!
• 12 May 2017 or soon after: Concluding observations for Argentina, hopefully with another severe reprimand for IGM practices.