NGO Report to the 7th and 8th Periodic Report of Germany on
the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
StopIGM.org / Zwischengeschlecht.org
In 2009, CEDAW was the first UN treaty body to include intersex in their
Concluding Observations for Gemany (though not IGM) in their 43rd session. This
time, after our PSWG Report and Briefing, CEDAW already included specific
questions to Germany on intersex and IGM in their List of Issues (LOI), with
Germany facing tough questions on IGM during the 66th session.
• 2016 PSWG Intersex NGO Report
• 2016 PSWG Oral Statement Mon 25 July 2016 from 11:30–12:30 CET
• 2017 Intersex NGO Coalition Oral Statement: Mon 2 Feb 2017 16-17h CET
• Review of Germany Mon 2 Feb 2017 16-17h CET >>> Video + Unofficial Transcript
• The Concluding Observations for Germany, hopefully with another severe reprimand for IGM practices, are due at the end the 66th Session (03 March 2017).